Application of zinc oxide in rubber
Zinc oxide is the active agent of natural latex. Sometimes used as a reinforcing agent and colorant. According to different production methods, it can be divided into indirect zinc oxide, direct zinc oxide and active zinc oxide. It is the most important inorganic active agent in the rubber industry. Adding rubber can not only speed up the vulcanization, but also increase the degree of crosslinking. It has an activation effect on thiazoles, sulfenamides, anthraquinones and thiuram accelerators. Widely used in all kinds of rubber products, especially for transparent rubber products and products in contact with food.
50% of the industrially produced zinc oxide flows to the rubber industry. Zinc oxide and stearic acid are important reactants for rubber vulcanization and are one of the raw materials for rubber manufacture. The combination of zinc oxide and stearic acid enhances the degree of hardening of the rubber. Zinc oxide is also an important additive for automotive tires . In addition to vulcanization, zinc oxide can greatly improve the thermal conductivity of rubber, which helps the heat dissipation of the tire and ensures safe driving. Zinc oxide additives also prevent the erosion of rubber by mold organisms or ultraviolet light.
(1) The role of zinc oxide in the rubber tire industry (high-grade black and dark rubber tires, radial tires): improve the thermal conductivity, wear resistance, tear resistance, tensile strength and other indicators of the product, and save zinc oxide consumption About 30%
(2) The role of zinc oxide in rubber products:
1 Active zinc oxide is mainly used as a reinforcing agent for rubber, so that the rubber has good corrosion resistance, tear resistance, elasticity and elongation.
2 Promoter for rubber vulcanization process, it is a multifunctional rubber compounding agent, mainly used as vulcanization active agent and reinforcing agent for natural rubber, synthetic rubber and latex.
3 When used as a vulcanization activator, it is evenly distributed in the rubber compound, and has a large contact area with hydrogen sulfide. The opportunity for interfacial reaction is large, and the active zinc oxide product has a catalytic effect of active substances to convert zinc oxide. It has a high conversion rate of zinc sulfide.
4 As a sulfurized oxidant, its role is to increase the activity of the accelerator, reduce the amount of accelerator, and shorten the curing cycle.
5 can speed up the vulcanization speed, improve the thermal conductivity of the vulcanized rubber, and make the vulcanization more thorough.
6 In the rubber industry, especially in the production of transparent rubber products, active zinc oxide is an excellent vulcanization activator.
(3) Zinc oxide acts in synthetic rubber: as an activator, a vulcanization accelerator and a reinforcing agent, and has a coloring effect. Promote the vulcanization, activation and reinforcement of the rubber, anti-aging effect, can strengthen the vulcanization process, improve the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(4) The role of zinc oxide in natural rubber: as a vulcanization activator, promote the vulcanization, activation and reinforcement of the rubber, anti-aging effect, strengthen the vulcanization process, improve the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(5) The role of zinc oxide in natural latex: act as an activator to promote the vulcanization, activation and reinforcement of the rubber, anti-aging effect, strengthen the vulcanization process, and improve the tear resistance and wear resistance of rubber products.
(6) The role of zinc oxide in white latex: as a coloring agent and filler.
(7) The role of zinc oxide in neoprene: as a vulcanizing agent and a compounding agent to increase thermal conductivity.
(8) The role of zinc oxide in the footwear industry (rubber shoes, rain boots, rubber gloves and other labor insurance products) (rubber shoes, rain boots, rubber gloves and other labor insurance products): improve wear resistance and anti-aging, and extend the service life.
(9) The role of zinc oxide in transparent rubber and rubber products for food: an essential inorganic active agent.
(10) The role of zinc oxide in transparent and translucent rubber: as a vulcanization activator.
(11) The role of zinc oxide in transparent or colored rubber products: the irreplaceable role of traditional active agents such as carbon black