Seven major uses of nano zinc oxide
Nano-zinc oxide is more expensive than ordinary zinc oxide, and its use is more extensive. Here we introduce the seven major uses of nano-zinc oxide:
1. Rubber industry: Nano zinc oxide is the most effective inorganic active agent and vulcanization accelerator in the rubber industry. Nano-zinc oxide has the characteristics of small particles, large specific surface area, good dispersibility, loose porosity, good fluidity, etc. Therefore, it has good affinity with rubber, easy to disperse during smelting, low heat generation of rubber compound, and tear deformation. Small, flexible, improved material process performance and physical properties. Used in the manufacture of high-speed wear-resistant rubber products, such as aircraft tires, radial tires for high-class cars.
2, ceramic industry: nano zinc oxide very small particle size, large specific surface area and high chemical properties, can significantly reduce the degree of sintering densification of materials, save energy, make the composition of the ceramic material densification, homogenization, Improve the performance of ceramic materials and improve their reliability. The composition and structure of the material can be controlled from the structural level of the nanomaterial (1-100 nm), which is beneficial to the full potential of the ceramic material.
3. Daily chemical industry: Nano-zinc oxide can decompose free-moving negatively charged electrons in the sunlight, especially under ultraviolet light, in water and air, while leaving positively charged holes. This kind of cavity can turn the oxygen in the air into active oxygen, has strong chemical activity, and can react with most organic substances (including bacteria-like organic matter), thereby killing most of the bacteria and viruses. The quantitative bactericidal test on nano-zinc oxide showed that the bactericidal rate of S. aureus was 98.68% and the bactericidal rate of E. coli was 99.93% when the concentration of nano-zinc oxide was 1% within 5 minutes.
4. Coatings: The ship sails for a long time and is parked in the marine environment. It uses nano-zinc oxide as raw material to make a ship-specific coating, which not only shields ultraviolet rays, but also kills various microorganisms. It can improve the speed of navigation and extend the inspection period.
5. Catalysts and Photocatalysts: Nano-zinc oxide is an excellent catalyst because of its relatively fast diffusion rate. Due to its small size, large specific surface area, surface bond and internal particle, and insufficient atomic coordination of surface atoms, nano-zinc oxide leads to an increase in the active position of the surface, forming an uneven atomic step and increasing the reaction contact surface. The catalytic activity and selectivity of nano zinc oxide is much greater than its conventional catalyst. Nano zinc oxide is also a good photocatalyst. It is difficult to remove harmful organic substances in water such as organic chlorides, pesticides, surfactants, pigments, etc., by current water treatment techniques, and zinc oxide as a photocatalyst can decompose organic matter.
6. Magnetic materials: Magnetic materials are the basis for the development of the electronic information industry. The characteristics of nanomagnetic materials are different from those of conventional magnetic materials. The reason is that the physical length of the magnetic related features is just in the order of nanometers, for example: magnetic single domain size, The superparamagnetic critical dimension, the exchange length, and the electron mean free path are on the order of 1-100 nm. When the size of the magnetic body is equivalent to the physical length of these features, abnormal magnetic properties occur. Nano-metal soft magnetic materials have excellent performance, high magnetic permeability, low loss, high saturation magnetization, and have been applied to switching power supplies, transformers, sensors, and the like.
7. Radar wave absorbing material: Radar wave absorbing material (abbreviated as absorbing material) refers to a kind of functional material that can effectively absorb incident radar waves and attenuate them. By utilizing the nature of the plasmon resonance frequency shift as the particle size changes, the particle size can be changed to produce a microwave absorbing nanomaterial with a certain bandwidth for electromagnetic wave shielding, stealth aircraft and the like. The study of absorbing materials is of great significance in national defense.
The above are the seven major uses of nano zinc oxide, and I hope to help everyone.