Application of zinc oxide in five major industries
The application range of zinc oxide is very wide. Below we introduce the application of zinc oxide in five major industries:
1. Rubber industry: Zinc oxide is a vulcanization accelerator for synthetic rubber and a good reinforcing agent, and has a coloring effect.
2. Coating industry: Zinc oxide has good pigment properties and is widely used in the coatings industry, especially anti-rust paints and primers. The amount of zinc oxide in the formulation can sometimes be as high as 30%, with the increasing of inorganic coatings and latex paints. Development, the demand for zinc oxide will increase.
3. Metal industry: zinc oxide reacts with phosphoric acid to produce zinc phosphate, which can be used for anticorrosion and rust prevention on metal surfaces, that is, zinc-iron-phosphate coating is formed on the metal surface as an anti-rust pigment.
4. Petroleum industry: Zinc oxide can be used as a petroleum product additive, such as T202, abbreviated as ZDDP. It is an indispensable compound additive in lubricating oil, accounting for 10-15% of the consumption of various additives. It has anti-oxidation and anti-corrosion. The role of anti-wear multi-effect additives.
5. Glass industry: Adding zinc oxide to glass can increase transparency, brightness and tensile deformation, reduce thermal expansion coefficient, and obtain new functions in optical glass, electric glass and low melting point glass.
The above is the application of zinc oxide in the five major industries, and I hope to help everyone.